Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Swing Life Away

I like this song but I really don't know how it would relate to the book Ishmael because the purpose of the book is to make us think about how we could save the world. The lyrics are awesome and I think this song is easy to understand. We have control of our lives for the most part, the only thing is people need to understand what is around us. Easier said than done. We are lazy and tend to just swing at life. "The winters so cold, summer is over too soon."--Super true in Alaska. 
This past winter I was in a depressed-ish mood and would listen to this song....kind of emo, but it helped. I was reading Ishmael and this song gave me hope I guess you can say, so did the book. I wanted to be happy and do positive things and thankfully the mix of this song and the book helped me get out of the weird slump. I want my "swing in life" to aim towards goodness and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment